The German Chancellor made it clear. It's about the Zelenski-Putin meeting

natemat.pl 6 hours ago
U.S. president Donald Trump pressed for a gathering of the president of Ukraine and the dictator of Russia, but Moscow does not take his efforts seriously. Meanwhile, the German Chancellor has no illusions about Moscow's intentions in this matter.


German Chancellor Friedrich Merz reported that Volodymyr Zelenski and Vladimir Putin would not come to the announced gathering of the president of Ukraine.

No Zelenski-Putin meeting


– We request to re-examine this issue today, given that the gathering of Presidents Zelenski and Putin is clearly not going to take place," said Merz during talks with French president Emmanuel Macron on peace efforts.

The German leader's declaration came just after Russia's massive rocket and drone attack on Kiev.

The thought of a direct gathering between Zelenski and Putin came early from US president Donald Trump. The American leader suggested first a bilateral summit and, in the event of successful talks, joining them in a tripartite formula.

Trump met with Putin on 15 August in Alaska, and 3 days later spoke at the White home with Zelenski and European leaders about safety guarantees and possible peace steps.

The tragic balance of Russia's fresh attack in Kiev


Earlier in May, Zelenski offered Putin direct talks in Turkey, nevertheless the Kremlin rejected this proposal. On August 24, Russian diplomat Sergey Lavrov stated that Moscow would not accept Zelenski's signature under papers ending the war, while undermining his mandate to rule.

As for the fresh attack on Kiev, on Friday the president of Ukraine reported that a study by the Minister of Interior of Ukraine Ihor Kłymenko had appeared. "On the site of the Russian attack on a residential building in the Kiev Darnycki district, rescue action has already been completed, and work is presently underway to remove destroyed structures. 22 people, including 4 children, died in this 1 place," wrote Volodymyr Zelenski.



The youngest girl wasn't even three. In total, the Russians killed 23 people in Kiev that night. The destiny of 8 remains unknown and 53 others were injured. "All the victims received the essential help. I am grateful to the lifeguards, police officers, doctors, nurses and all city and emergency services – everyone who is active in helping people" - said Zelenski.

"Russia must be held liable for this attack – just as for any another attack against our country, our citizens and all effort by the global community to end this war," the president of Ukraine pointed out.

Read Entire Article