Sikorski will exhume the victims of the Volyn massacre? That's what he says after talks in Kiev

pch24.pl 11 months ago

Head of the MFA Radosław Sikorski said on Friday that in Kiev he discussed the most crucial issues with the Ukrainian side, not avoiding hard topics specified as the request to reconstruct exhumation and Christian burial of victims of the Volyn crime. He added that he was assured that there would be advancement in this matter.

We are friends as a country and as ministers as friends. We talk about everything, including hard things. We must tell the fact about the Volyn crime and about another common acts. And at the same time, choose a safe future. We are ready to discuss this – stated Sikorski at a joint press conference with his Ukrainian counterpart Andrij Sybiha.

We discussed the most crucial issues without avoiding hard issues specified as the request to reconstruct exhumation and Christian burial of victims of the Volyn crime. I have obtained assurances that there will be advancement in this matter – informed

The exhumation of victims of the Volyn crime is not to be considered a political substance or an object of any fair. 100,000 people died. The remains of these people request a Christian burial. This is simply a duty, not a political issue. This is part of the European canon of value to which Ukraine belongs said the Minister.

Yesterday, as you know, I visited the Lions, where a Russian rocket destroyed a historical building. I visited this peculiar building where this good household was killed, whose father had to watch his wife and 3 daughters be taken out of the building. It's a nightmare. The monuments of Lviv are not for us, Poles, indifferent. I confirmed the offer of the president of the Council of Ministers to rebuild 1 of these tenements and schools – reminded Sikorski.

As the West, we must step up our assistance to anti-aircraft and rocket defense. Ukraine so that Russian rockets do not kill families. So that missiles over which Russians lose control do not enter Polish airspace – stated the head of the Ministry of abroad Affairs.

On the question of PAP whether Poland is considering shooting down Russian rockets over western Ukraine and what could bring about specified a decision, the minister replied that this is an issue of allied talks. – Perhaps another issue is the provision of more anti-aircraft defence systems. There are attacks on atomic power plants. erstwhile we have a leak in Ukraine, we simply know that this is simply a problem for Europe as a whole. That is why we call on those countries that inactive have unused anti-aircraft or rocket systems to aid Ukraine defend something that is in our common European interest. said Sikorski.

We have passed on Ukraine so far about 400 PT-91 hard tanks, any of them, I hear, are already fighting in the Kursk region. We have donated 50 cannonhaubic self-propelled crabs, portable anti-aircraft Piorun rocket kits and anti-aircraft defence components. We are considering passing on further equipment options, including possibly MiG-29 aircraft, which are needed present to defend the sky said the Minister.

Poland besides supports Ukraine in ensuring its energy security. This is simply a precedence in the context of the coming autumn and winter, erstwhile the needs outweigh the possible damaged by Russian energy sector attacks said Sikorski.

We stand by the heroic, fighting, attack by Russia of Ukraine. We stand for historical and political reasons, seeing in Ukraine a future friend and associate of a united Europe. We stand in Ukraine besides for moral reasons, which are the basis of our civilisation. all decent man should be on the victim's side erstwhile she's assaulted. And not cheering or supporting an assaulting thug. – noted the head of the Ministry of abroad Affairs.

Source: PAP / Iryna Hirnyk, Kiev

Mer Lwowa called Polish farmers "pro-Russian provokers". Now he apologizes, but at the same time he talks about Russian services

Read Entire Article